In this handy tutorial by Raj K Photo, you’ll learn to take impressive underwater-style photos without the need to get underwater! And, even better, this DIY hack costs less than 50pounds.
What you will need:
- Clear Acrylic Sheet
- Duct Tape
- Multi-Purpose Sealant
You can make it to whatever size you want.
What to do:
- Cut wood to size.
- Screw in the ends but be sure to drill some holes first to stop the wood splitting.
- Draw an outline of the frame onto the acrylic.
- Place the acrylic onto the top of the wood frame, lining the outline you just drew up with the frame. It acts as a guide so you know where to put the screws.
- Use a drill bit to make pilot holes in the acrylic along each side. Use around 6 screws, evenly placed apart. Screw the screws in but be sure not to screw too quickly or hard so as to not split your acrylic.
- Flip the frame over and peel off the protective film.
- Take your sealant and seal all the gaps between your wood and the acrylic surface.
- Leave to dry for 24hrs.
- As a further layer of protection, add duct tape around the sealed areas.
- Remove any remaining protective film and clean surface.
Photographing your model using your new underwater hack
- Find a place to prop it up so that you can lay it face down with water inside. Ensure that it is secure.
- Lay your model underneath.
- Set an LED light above so that it is shining through the water onto your model. That way you can get an idea of how the shot will look.
- Place the flash units (one with a blue gel to look like water) in position above the model.
- use a reflector to bounce some light back to your model.
- Wet your model’s hair and have the model keep their head slightly off the background to make it look like it is floating.
- Take your photos!
You may also find the following articles useful:
5 Tips for Underwater Photography Without Spending a Fortune
5 Tips for Underwater Photography with a GoPro
Surreal Underwater Shipwreck Photo Shoot
Introduction to Taking Great Underwater Photos
Description: Easy to Create Fake Underwater Photography Hack [video] from the above which is part of the Tips category.
This Easy to Create Fake Underwater Photography Hack [video]
is provided only for personal use as image on computers, smartphones or other display devices. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.